A Pinch of Adventure is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Made with fresh and fragrant peaches, this perfect peach cobbler recipe has it all, with an easy homemade topping made with flour from scratch.
I’m dreaming of having a peach tree right now. I had one where I grew up as a kid, and NOTHING compares to a ripe peach, right off of the tree. And nothing compares with this Perfect Peach Cobbler Recipe!
It’s that time of year again, when people post the pics of their peach trees nearly falling over with ripe peaches. Which means it’s also peach cobbler season… and peaches and cream… and peaches and ice cream… and peaches for breakfast, lunch and dinner… and canning time.
THE BEST COBBLER TOPPING RECIPE!!!
I’m not kidding you when I say, THIS IS THE BEST COBBLER TOPPING RECIPE OUT THERE!. Not only is it the best, it’s also really easy!!
You can either use an 8 x 8 pan or 6 individual ramakins. I did both, well because I love peach cobbler… and I have a large family… and we had some friends over… and did I mention I love peach cobbler?
Here are the ramekins I use.
How to make easy cobbler from scratch
Peel the skin off 8 med sized peaches, cut them up into bite-size pieces or slices. Add the peaches to a bowl and mix in the sugar. You can add more sugar or take some away depending if the peaches are super sweet or not.
Allow the peaches to macerate while you prepare the topping. The sugar will draw out the juice of the peaches and the peaches will soften as it sits in the sugar.
With an electric mixer, mix together all of the ingredients for the topping.
GREASE your ramakins or baking dish, then add the peach filling to each.
Now spoon the batter over the top of the peaches. It may not cover the whole thing, and you don’t have to smooth it you. It will rise substantially while it bakes.
Put the cobbler in the oven at 375 and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until it is golden brown on top. The peaches will be bubbling and delicious. Serve it warm with vanilla ice-cream and you will have some happy guests!
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure
Perfect Peach Cobbler
- 8 medium peaches peeled and diced
- ½-¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teas baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Peel and dice the peaches into bite size pieces
- Stir in ½-¾ cup of sugar, depending on how sweet the peaches are, or how sweet you want them
- Let it sit and macerate while you prepare the topping
- With an electric mixer, blend all of the ingredients together until well combined
- Grease the pan (8 x 8 or 6 individual ramakins)
- Add the peach filling into the bottom of the dish
- Spoon the batter over the top. It will not cover the top completely and that's ok. It doesn't have to be even. The batter will expand while baking
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until thee topping is golden brown and peaches are bubbling
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream!