This the the best recipes for perfect banana nut bread. It’s easy and quick and it has just the right amount of sweetness and the perfect texture!
Chances are, if I find myself at a potluck or brunch and someone brings banana bread, I won’t eat it. Nope, I won’t even try it, because I know I’m not going to like it. I’m very picky about my banana bread, so much so, that I won’t even try someone else’s recipe.
- It can’t be too sweet
- It can’t be too moist
- It can’t be too dry
- It can’t be too banana-y
- It can’t be any other recipe
This easy recipe for banana bread is the perfect texture and mix of flavors, and a it’s way to use up those sad, old bananas! It’s quick and easy an made with common pantry items.
How to make banana bread
Preheat the oven to 350 and butter and flour a 9 x 13 pan. The flour and butter will allow to the banana bread to come out easily once it’s baked. I don’t use a bread pan on purpose. I like the texture of the bread this way, and it seems easier to cut, serve and freeze if I have any leftover.
Enlist your little helper. This is my 6 year old helper. She did an excellent job mashing those bananas, and she had fun doing it!
Cream together the softened butter and sugar.
Beat in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and bananas and beat together. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Batter may be thick.
Fold in the chopped walnuts and put into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. I like to eat mine warm from the oven with butter. This recipe also freezes well! Wrap this perfect banana nut bread in individual pieces in plastic wrap and freeze it in freezer bags. My kids can grab an individual piece for a snack or quick breakfast on the go. Enjoy!
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure!
Banana Nut Bread
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 2 cups Flour all purpose
- 1 teas Baking Soda
- ¾ teas Salt
- ½ cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teas Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Butter and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Peel and mash the bananas until smooth
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside
- Cream Butter and sugar together
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing
- Mix in vanilla and bananas
- Mix in dry ingredients until combined, batter will be thick
- Fold in chopped walnuts
- Add batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry
- Let cool slightly before serving. Freeze any leftovers for use at a later time