This Mediterranean Grilled Chicken recipe has a delicious flavor combo, it's perfectly crisp on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Grilled Mediterranean chicken is seasoned with a Mediterranean dry rub of aromatic and delicious spices.Jump to Recipe
"A Pinch Of Adventure" is an Amazon affiliate and this post contains affiliate links. The author may receive commission on any purchases made through those links at no cost to you.
Mediterranean food has to be the tastiest and most refreshing food on planet earth. I always feel good after having a full Mediterranean or Lebanese dinner. This dinner idea is no different. If you want to find out more about What is Lebanese Food, click that link!
This Mediterranean grilled chicken is so juicy and flavorful, you won't want to stop eating. The couscous salad with pistachios compliments it perfectly.
Mediterranean Chicken Spices
Let's take a moment to talk about classic Mediterranean and Lebanese spices. MANY Lebanese dishes contain a spice mix called Lebanese 7 spices, It's usually a ground mixture of cinnamon, black pepper, allspice, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg and ginger.
If you don't have this kind of spice, a great substitute for Lebanese 7 spices is just cinnamon. That's what we use mostly in our family.
Another ingredient is ground Aleppo pepper. It's not a very hot pepper, in fact it's more fruity than anything. If you don't have Aleppo pepper than you can always substitute 1 teaspoon of Aleppo pepper with ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper and ½ teaspoon paprika.
How to grill chicken and keep it moist
Take 5 unseasoned chicken leg quarters and rub them with olive oil. Mix up the spice rub and season each chicken with 1-2 teaspoons of the Mediterranean dry rub.
Throw them on the grill on lower heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. You want to make sure not to have the grill too hot. This will burn the outside of the chicken, when the inside may not even get done all the way. Having it too hot may also lend the chicken to drying out.
In order to keep the chicken tender and juicy, grill it on low-medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve with my Mediterranean couscous with pistachios and it will be devoured!
There is something about the combo of this grilled chicken with the couscous that is amazing. OH and the couscous only takes 10 minutes MAX!!!
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure!
- Mediterranean Couscous with Pistachios
- Spicy Chicken Soup with Masa Dumplings
- Lebanese Chicken Rice with Pine Nuts
- Burrata Caprese Salad
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
- 5 chicken leg quarters use whatever cut you want, about 3 lbs of chicken
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaf
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic 3-4 cloves
- 1 ½ teas salt
- ½ teas Lebanese 7 spices substitute with cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon ground Aleppo pepper substitute with ¾ teas crushed red pepper and 1 ½ teas paprika
- Rub the olive oil over the surface of the chicken
- mix the spices together and sprinkle all over the chicken
- grill on lower heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through
- serve with lemon wedges and Mediterranean couscous and pistachios (link in post)