Disney Parks churro bites are amazing homemade churros that bring a little bit of the park to your home. Complete with homemade dipping sauces, this recipe is sure to please! You won't regret making this Disney churros recipe!Jump to Recipe
As many of you may have seen, Disney Parks has been releasing some of their most famous recipes for families to try at home while we are all quarantined during this fiasco. Well I'm super excited about Disney Parks Churro Bites recipe!
I wanted to give it a try with my family because I LOVE Churros. If you have never had them before, it's time.
Churros originated in Spain and found its way to Mexico. It's a dense fried dough, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, and typically in Spain they serve it up with a deep, rich and dark chocolate dipping sauce. I've also seen it served with whipping cream, so I made it with both. I can't decide which one I like better, so you can decide for yourself!
The ingredients for churros with dipping sauceare:
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- vegetable oil
- heavy whipping cream
- dark chocolate bar (I used 62% dark chocolate)
Before making the churro batter, we are going to go ahead and prepare the dipping sauces for churros. Some people prefer churros with whipped cream, and some people prefer "chocolate y churros" which is a traditional way to serve authentic churros.
How to Make Churro Dipping Sauce- the best churros chocolate dipping sauce:
For the chocolate dip for churros, take 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate. I used 62% but am thinking 72% would be amazing also. Place it in a small mixing bowl. Also take ½ cup heavy whipping cream and heat it in the pan until it almost starts to bubble. DO NOT BOIL. Remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for a few moments and stir it together.
And that is how you make chocolate dipping sauce.
For the whipped cream, put one cup of heavy whipping cream in a medium sized mixing bowl. Take an electric hand mixer and mix it together for about 3-4 minutes until it forms soft peaks. Add ¼ cup of sugar and mix again until it form stiff peaks. Make sure NOT to over mix it! You don't want to end up with sweet curds.
How to Make Disneyland Churros:
For the churros, bring the butter, water, cinnamon and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stirring until if forms a dense ball. Let is sit for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Add eggs one at a time mixing it together. Place the batter in a piping back with a large star tip decorator. Heat the oil in a saucepan. When it is hot enough to fry, squeeze the batter out in 1-2 inch strips, cutting the dough off. Fry 5-6 churro bites at a time. Remove them with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel.
While they are still hot, dust them in the sugar an cinnamon mixture. Serve while still warm with a side of dark chocolate sauce and whipped cream. And of course, churros and coffee are diving together. Enjoy!
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure!
- Cinnamon Streusel Bread
- French Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Cinnamon Rolls With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mexican Ceviche Recipe (Ceviche de Pescado)
- Hot Honey
- Mexican Milanesa Chicken (Pollo a la Milanesa)
- Mascarpone Frosting
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Disney Parks Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teas salt
- ¾ teas cinnamon divided
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (I used 62%) chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Churros
- Combine water, butter, salt and ¼ teas cinnamon in a sauce pan and bring to a full rolling boil
- Reduce heat to low and stir in flour until well combined and mixture forms into a dense ball. Set aside for 5-7 minutes
- After mixture slightly cools, add eggs one at a time and stir
- Heat oil in a saucepan until oil reaches 350°
- Put batter in a piping back with a large star tip decorator
- When the oil is hot enough, squeeze the batter in 1-2 inch strips into the hot oil and cut the batter of at the tip with kitchen shears
- Fry 5-6 bites at a time until golden brown
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain the oil
- Dust the hot churros with the sugar mixed with the remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Serve warm with a side of dark chocolate sauce and whipped cream
For The Chocolate Sauce
- Chop 4 oz of dark chocolate and put into a small mixing bowl
- heat ½ cup heavy whipping cream in a pan until almost bubbly
- Pour hot cream over the top of the chocolate, let it sit for 1-2 minutes then stir together
For The Whipped Cream
- Put 1 cup heavy whipping cream into a medium sized mixing bowl
- With and electric hand mixer, mix for about 4 minutes until soft peaks form
- Add ¼ cup of sugar and mix again until stiff peaks form
Wow, my mouth is watering! Thanks for this recipe. I am definitely going to try it! I love churros!
Oh, I may need to try this...using the air fryer! Won't be the same but a little healthier!
For sure healthier lol. I have never used an air fryer so I can't give you any tips. Sorry!
You make this look so easy! And delicious.
It was fun to do with the kids!
Again...these look amazing. Could have a little basket of these with the sauces and some nice strong coffee. Yup - I wouldn't mind staying in. They look pretty reasonable to make. Thanks. Love your recipes.
Thank you! I had them with coffee also
Thanks for sharing. My kids will love these! I'm going to make them today 🙂 They love to cook and love it more when it is a tasty treat.
Thanks so much! Have fun doing it!
This is awesome! I am going to have to make these! Yummy!! Thanks for sharing!
Great post! Who doesn't love Disney's churros?!
Thanks! They are yummy!
We made these on Sunday. We loved them. My star tip and bag didn’t work out, the bag broke... so we had blobs. 😂
WOAH! The same thing happened to me!! My bag ripped and I ended up using like 4 freezer bags haha!
oh em geeeezers! I can't wait to make these! Thank you for letting me know about this! Did these turn out fine on the first time?
Are you going to be trying any of Disney's other recipes? (guess I'll just have to come back to find out! )
This was my first attempt and it turned out great! The only thing was my piping bag broke so make sure to have a durable one! and I may do more of theirs. not sure yet
I'm drooling! I love Churros!
OMG! This is the baking 'homeschool' project tomorrow! How yummy! Hope they wait till I get home before they eat them all!
Yum! My kiddos love churros, but funny enough, have never ordered these in Disney! Homemade it is!
Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.
Thanks a ton!