Disney Parks churro bites are amazing homemade churros that bring a little bit of the park to your home. Complete with homemade dipping sauces, this recipe is sure to please! Try out this Disney churro bites recipe
As many of you may have seen, Disney Parks has been releasing some of their most famous recipes for families to try at home while we are all quarantined during this fiasco. Well I’m super excited about Disney Parks Churro Bites recipe! They have released it on Disney Parks Blog site if you want to see it there.
A Pinch of Adventure is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I wanted to give it a try with my family because I LOVE Churros. If you have never had them before, it’s time. Churros originated in Spain and found its way to Mexico. It’s a dense fried dough, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, and typically in Spain they serve it up with a deep, rich and dark chocolate dipping sauce. I’ve also seen it served with whipping cream, so I made it with both. I can’t decide which one I like better, so you can decide for yourself!
How to Make Churro Dipping Sauce- the best churros chocolate dipping sauce
For the chocolate dip for churros, take 4 oz. chopped dark chocolate. I used 62% but am thinking 72% would be amazing also. Place it in a small mixing bowl. Also take 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream and heat it in the pan until it almost starts to bubble. DO NOT BOIL. Remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for a few moments and stir it together.
For the whipped cream, put one cup of heavy whipping cream in a medium sized mixing bowl. Take an electric hand mixer and mix it together for about 3-4 minutes until it forms soft peaks. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and mix again until it form stiff peaks. Make sure NOT to over mix it! You don’t want to end up with sweet curds.
How to Make Disneyland Churro Bites Recipe
For the churros, bring the butter, water, cinnamon and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and add the flour, stirring until if forms a dense ball. Let is sit for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Add eggs one at a time mixing it together. Place the batter in a piping back with a large star tip decorator. Heat the oil in a saucepan. When it is hot enough to fry, squeeze the batter out in 1-2 inch strips, cutting the dough off. Fry 5-6 churro bites at a time. Remove them with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel. While they are still hot, dust them in the sugar an cinnamon mixture. Serve while still warm with a side of dark chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Enjoy!
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure!
Disney Parks Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbsp butter
- ¼ teas salt
- ¾ teas cinnamon divided
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. dark chocolate (I used 62%) chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
For the Churros
- Combine water, butter, salt and ¼ teas cinnamon in a sauce pan and bring to a full rolling boil
- Reduce heat to low and stir in flour until well combined and mixture forms into a dense ball. Set aside for 5-7 minutes
- After mixture slightly cools, add eggs one at a time and stir
- Heat oil in a saucepan until oil reaches 350°
- Put batter in a piping back with a large star tip decorator
- When the oil is hot enough, squeeze the batter in 1-2 inch strips into the hot oil and cut the batter of at the tip with kitchen shears
- Fry 5-6 bites at a time until golden brown
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to drain the oil
- Dust the hot churros with the sugar mixed with the remaining ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Serve warm with a side of dark chocolate sauce and whipped cream
For The Chocolate Sauce
- Chop 4 oz of dark chocolate and put into a small mixing bowl
- heat ½ cup heavy whipping cream in a pan until almost bubbly
- Pour hot cream over the top of the chocolate, let it sit for 1-2 minutes then stir together
For The Whipped Cream
- Put 1 cup heavy whipping cream into a medium sized mixing bowl
- With and electric hand mixer, mix for about 4 minutes until soft peaks form
- Add ¼ cup of sugar and mix again until stiff peaks form