This post contains affiliate links, the author may receive commission on any purchase made through these links at no cost to you.
These dark chocolate cookies are made with sea salt and espresso for a rich, dark flavor. Made it with instant espresso is easy and the sea salt flakes bring out the rich dark chocolate flavor. These homemade chocolate cookies are perfectly chewy.
Dark Chocolate?? YES PLEASE!!! Espresso and dark chocolate?? I’ll ALWAYS say YES! Dark Chocolate and espresso and sea salt cookies!? THAT’S IT! I WON’T SAY NO!!!!!
Love chocolate?? Check this recipe out —> Decadent Chewy Brown Sugar Brownies
It’s heaven in a cookie. It’s chewy, chocolaty, salty and coffee-y all in one. I figured this would be a good one to post for Valentine’s day. This is perfect for my stay-at-home date since we have 4 kids and we are not gonna pay for a babysitter on Feb. 14th!! This is also perfect for you if you are celebrating “Single’s Awareness Day”. Just drown those sorrows in chocolate and espresso and Netflix. Nothing better!
I originally found this recipe at Food52 and made a few tweaks, and trust me, it’s a keeper!
Melt the butter, chocolate and espresso powder in a pan on low heat.
While it’s melting whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
Also prepare the dry ingredients. After the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Add it to the egg and sugar mixture, whisking until combined.
Fold in the dry ingredients. Cover and place it in the fridge for at least one hour. This is a very important step! If you don’t do this you will end up with blobs of goo as opposed to actually cookies (I’m speaking from experience here!). After the batter is cooled you can scoop it with a melon baller ora small spoon.
Place the cookies a few inches apart on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 11. Put a pinch of coarse sea salt on each cookie immediately after pulling them out of the oven. Enjoy!!!!
Shop kitchen products used in this recipe
Check out these other popular recipes from A Pinch Of Adventure!
Dark Chocolate and Espresso Sea Salt Cookies
- 10 oz Dark Chocolate Chopped
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Instant espresso powder (I use decaf)
- ⅓ cup Flour
- 1 teas Baking Powder
- ¾ teas Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cups Sugar
- ½ teas Pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven 325°
- Melt chocolate, butter and espresso powder in a pan on low heat stirring until combined. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside
- Whisk chocolate mixture together with the egg mixture
- Fold in dry ingredients until well combined
- Cover with plastic and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- Drop small spoonfuls of the batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Space them 2 inches apart
- Bake for 11 minutes until they become slightly cracked on top
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with a pinch of coarse sea salt
- Let cool completely and enjoy!